Why hire a Baby Night Nurse?
The transition of welcoming a new baby(s) into your family can be both physically and mentally draining, especially due to sleep deprivation and uncertainty about the care of your newborn . Therefore there are many advantages to hiring a night nurse including:
- Decreased chance of postpartum depression
- Decreased infant and maternal health complications due to informed care
- Decreased maternal exhaustion, frustration, and apprehension
- Increased and earlier bonding with newborn
- Happier baby due to a greater understanding of your infant’s emotional and physical needs and behaviour.
What can a Baby Night Nurse do for you?
The scope and practice of a night nurse is different depending on who you hire. When choosing a night nurse you should make sure they will meet your needs and expectations including but not limited to the following:
- Emotional support;
- Newborn Care Support;
- Sibling Care;
- Lactation support;
- Infant feeding;
- Bottle/pump cleaning and sterilization;
- Help you initiate a routine with your baby(s);
- Cord & Circumcision Care;
- Sponge and tub bath;
- Records baby’s growth, development & nutrition intake;
- Teaching swaddling, burping & soothing techniques;
- Move infant towards sleeping through the night.